Thursday 15 October 2015

           Ronaldo Said: I want to retire at Real Madrid



Cristiano Ronaldo insists he has no plans to leave Real Madrid and he wants to retire at the Spanish giants – where he can play until he is 40.

Former club Manchester United and PSG have been linked with a move for Ronaldo, who sparked speculation regarding his future at the club by saying “nobody knows what will happen next year” after equaling Madrid’s all-time top goalscorer record last month.

However the forward has now revealed he plans to see out his career with Los Blancos, and believes he can play for another ten years.

“I want to win and I am at the best club in the world. Logically, I have a contract up to 33, and as I have said many times my dream was to finish here at Real Madrid, because I feel good, I feel useful, and I want to stay,” Ronaldo told Marca.

“At the moment I do not feel any different from when I was 25. Many people say that from 30 you start to drop, but I do not share this idea because if you look after yourself, you train and you do well day to day.

“You do not grow old overnight, it happens slowly. If you look after yourself, you can reach 40. I have the motivation to keep going.”

The Portuguese was speaking after winning the Golden Shoe as the top goalscorer in Europe for a record fourth time.

When asked who his rivals for the award would be this year, the 30-year-old tellingly snubbed nemesis Lionel Messi.

“There are many great forwards in Europe, in many leagues, the English, the German…,” he added.

“Rooney, Aguero, Lewandowski, Neymar, Benzema is also very good. Luis Suarez again. There are great players and Ronaldo feel privileged to have won it four times. But I want to keep winning more. We will see what happens this year.”

No comments:

Post a Comment